In May last year, this blog and its readers broke the story of men's human rights sites been censored and smeared by major mobile phone companies in the UK. It has now emerged that Norton is also smearing most of our movement as hateful, with its DNS service blocking access to many of the most popular sites, this blog included.
It's unsurprising that people would try to censor us in this way and it's particularly disappointing that someone out there is stupid enough to regard this blog as hateful when it's abundantly clear we have no tolerance here for sexism towards anyone, and the whole point of this site is to campaign against sexism and gender hatred.
I've done significant research to find out the true scale the censorship of mens' human rights material and can exclusively reveal the most complete and accurate list of sites currently being blocked. I can also reveal that both O2 and Norton appear to be using the same list for their disgusting censorship. Previous lists of banned sites totalled 21 URLs, my research more than doubles that total to at least 48 sites and 54 urls.
As you can see from the roll of honour below, it's just obscure or slightly confrontational men's human rights sites that are blocked, even more academic resources such as manwomanmyth are barred too. For those yet to utilise this excellent resource, much of it consists of interviews with leading figures on gender issues, such as Erin Pizzey founder of the world's first domestic violence shelters and Michelle Elliot O.B.E. the founder of the children's charity Kidscape. Even completely mainstream figures such Glenn Sacks' nationally syndicated (and no doubt fully FCC compliant) "His Side" radio show don't escape Norton's censors. It's not just the wider men's humans right movement impacted by this scandal, more specific blogs by fathers in support of families are banned, I have to say it's a very strange world Norton are living in where a man's love for his children can be classed as "hate".
Most disturbingly of all, feminists even regard it as hateful to help/support male victims of domestic violence, abuse and even rape victims, with at least two sites solely focused on such subjects blocked under this absurd classification.
If any blog or site owners want to take a stand against this censorship then please add links to some or all of the 48 sites below or promote their articles on Facebook or your favourite forums.
ROLL OF HONOUR
(expanded to 122 sites on 10/07/2013)
- http://www.angrydad.blogspot.com *
- http://www.antifeminismus.ch - all 7 domains blocked igaf.ch ig-antifeminismus.ch antifeministen.ch antifeminismus.eu antifeminismus.info antifeminismus.com
- http://www.vjtss.blogspot.com *
1. A number of other Mens rights sits are blocked due to being classed as pornography. This list is relatively small in number and thus could possibly constitute accidental blocking rather than a deliberate attempt to deny men their human rights and free speech. The above list only consists of sites blocked and smeared as hateful.
2. Sites marked with "*" can be accessed by changing the url to an international domain, e.g. .de, .fr etc
3. Sites highlighted in green were previously classed as hateful and have now been reclassified and un blocked as a result of our work.
4. Non clickable links indicate sites that no longer function but still continue to suffer the "hate" smear.
by John Kimble